PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
FROM THE CHIPPEWA CREE INCIDENT COMMAND
July 7, 2020
In light of the recent spike in active COVID-19 cases in Montana and the surrounding area, the Chippewa Cree Tribe has declared a threat level 4and requires the following:
• The Tribe is closed down with limited business operations.
• The Tribe continues to implement the Stay-At-Home Order. The community is required to Stay-At-Home, limited essential activities only are permitted.
Essential Activities Include:
o Engaging in activities or performing tasks essential to health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members, such as, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting health care professionals, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home.
o Obtaining necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as food or other grocery and cleaning products.
o Engaging in outdoor activity (as defined, such as walking, hiking, biking, running, or equestrian activities).
o Performing work on behalf of essential businesses and government entities as well as other nonprofit organizations.
o Caring for a family member or pet in another household.
o Attending private gatherings of not more than ten (10) non-relatives in a home or place of residence.
• The Tribe has mandated a fourteen (14) day quarantine period for tribal employees under central services, with limited exceptions.
• The Tribe is also requiring persons to wear a mask or face covering when they are out in public within the exterior boundaries of the Rocky Boy’s Indian Reservation, with limited exceptions.
• PPE supplies (hand sanitizer and face masks) will be available at all checkpoints.
• You are encouraged to limit your trips through the checkpoints to once a day as you may be denied entry back onto the reservation.
We encourage our community members to be patient at our health and safety checkpoints as we will be implementing new procedures designed to keep our community members safe.
Please answer all questions at the checkpoints to the best of your ability as the information collected is important for any potential contact tracing.
The Rocky Boy Health Clinic will be conducting COVID-19 testing on Friday, July 10, 2020 beginning at 8:30 am in the clinic parking lot. All community members are encouraged to get tested. The health center is only open for limited services, but please call ahead.
A friendly reminder, wear your masks when out in the community and the surrounding areas, practice social distancing, wash your hands and stay safe!