Data Entry Technician
CHIPPEWA CREE TRIBE
POSITION: Data Entry Technician
LOCATION: Chippewa Cree Tribal Courts
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Sixty (60) Calendar Days from initial appointment
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Full-Time, Regular, Covered, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF WORK: Works with Clerk of Court, completes data entry for Traffic Court citations; assures Full Court data system is function smoothly and efficiently; maintain and generate various records and reports; assist in verifying the accuracy of data, data input, and time lines; perform a variety of clerical duties in the absence of the Clerk of Court.
- Organize information, services and support, to assure data systems function smoothly and efficiently.
- Scan, enter and process a variety of information into Full Court database system.
- Assist in coding documents, verifying records for accuracy, proof and correct data and records.
- Extract and compile reports and forms, and verify contents for accuracy and completeness.
- Plan and coordinate timelines, procedures and services to assure successful completion of assignments.
- Perform clerical work such as proof reading, typing/keyboarding, filing and record keeping.
- Communicate with staff and regarding Traffic citation
- Attends and keeps a written record of traffic court proceedings;
- Maintains standards of confidentiality;
- Keeps and accurate record of funds received;
- Maintains a filing system utilizing a numerical and alphabetized filing system;
- Schedules hearings and routes messages to proper personnel;
- Records meeting minutes and court hearing using recorder, word processor, long hand, short hand, speed writing or Dictaphone as requested;
- Transcribes recorded minutes and/or hearings using a word processor;
- Types correspondence and legal documents;
- Creates and encodes information into a data base including name, dates, charges, disposition, etc.;
- Performs general office duties;
- Prioritizes workload;
- Operates a database, fax machines, calculator, recording equipment, and general office equipment;
- Other duties related to position.
SUPERVISION: Executive Director/Court Administrator
- Minimum of High School Diploma;
- Preferred Paralegal Certificate or Associate Degree in Secretarial Technology or Science or in a related field.
- Two years’ experience in secretarial or office management preferred.
- Preferably experience with computer systems.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Familiar with or to familiarize self with the Chippewa Cree Law & Order Code.
- Must not use alcohol and/or non-prescriptive drugs while employed or termination will be enforced.
- No felony convictions within the past five years and no misdemeanor within the past year;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors and the public.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
- Priority for Selection of applicants for employment within the Chippewa Cree Tribe is as follows:
- Qualified, honorably discharged (must provide a DD 214 Certificate) veterans who are enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Other qualified Indians;
- Qualified Non-Indians.
- Testing: Subject to drug testing per Drug Ordinance 1-99.
- Applications properly completed and received on or before the close of the business on June 12, 2020 will be considered for the position advertised.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COPY OF DEGREE
- LETTER OF INTEREST
- THREE REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION FORM
- DD 214 (If Applicable)
- ENROLLMENT VERIFICIATION (IF APPLICABLE)
- COPY OF VALID STATE OF MONTANA DRIVER’S LICENSE
- TO: Josh Seaton, Human Resources, Chippewa Cree Tribe, 96 Clinic Rd, Box Elder, MT 59521, telephone 406. 395.5705.
/s/ Josh Seaton