CHIPPEWA CREE TRIBE
LOCATION: Chippewa Cree Tribal Central Services
OPENS: May 27, 2020
CLOSES: June 12, 2020
Classification: Support Staff, Regular, Full Time, Covered, Non-exempt
- Serves as the Receptionist for the Central Services Department.
- Answers the telephone courteously and takes messages and routes to the proper official.
- Acknowledge and Greets visitors and refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Provides record keeping for calls and visitors.
- Copies correspondence and other printed material as requested.
- Provides secretarial support as needed.
- Responsible for Pitney Bowes postage meter, utilizing Certified Mail, Return Receipt-Confirmation, Restricted Delivery, Express Mail, Priority Mail, First Class Mail and Insured Mail, including assuring that postage is ordered as needed.
- Sorts mail daily.
- Faxes documents for employees, receives faxes for several departments.
- Logs outgoing and incoming fax documents.
- Utilizes 7 line telephone system with 50 com lines.
- Proficient in utilizing techniques for positive organizational image building, handle and solve complaints, time management, and evaluating own public contact skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keeps track of scheduling for CCT conference room
- All other duties assigned.
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Good experience
- Telephone Etiquette a Must.
- Confidentiality required.
- Capable of using office machines.
- Qualified typist.
- Computer literate.
- Must have knowledge of word processing.
- Must be friendly and courteous.
- Must be prompt in attendance and dependable.
- Must be able to screen telephone calls with proficiency and ease and ascertain urgency or emergency situations.
- Priority for Selection of applicants for employment within the Chippewa Cree Tribe is as follows:
- Qualified, honorably discharged (must show proof by submitting a DD 214 Certificate) veterans who are enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Other qualified Indians;
- Qualified Non-Indians.
- Applications properly completed and received on or before the close of the business on June 12, 2019 will be considered for the position advertised.
- Testing: Subject to drug testing per Drug Ordinance 1-99.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- COPY OF DEGREE (IF APPLICABLE)
- COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS
- LETTER OF INTEREST
- DD 214 (if applicable)
- CIB (if applicable)
- THREE REFERENCES WITH PHONE NUMBERS AND ADDRESSES FOR CONTACT
- TO: Josh Seaton, Human Resources, Chippewa Cree Tribe, 96 Clinic Rd, Box Elder, MT 59521, telephone 406.395.5705 ext.2018.
/s/ Josh Seaton