CHIPPEWA CREE TRIBE
REVISED VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: Records Clerk
LOCATION: By Natural Resources
SALARY: Not to exceed Budget Cap.
OPENS: May, 27 2020
CLOSES: June, 12 2020
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Sixty (60) Calendar days from initial appointment
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Regular Full-Time, Covered, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Under the supervision of Accounting Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining a hard copy record system for the Chippewa Cree Tribal Department and for the approximately 20-30 programs. Position will maintain a record of incoming correspondence and pertinent tribal documents on file using a log book and computer.
- Preforms assigned duties
- Maintains accurate and timely records.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely reports.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees and supervisor
- Completes the filling for various department on a scheduled basis as well as complies and sorts documents according to each departmental requirement
- Files for the Chippewa Cree Business Committee Members
- Performs secretarial duties as needed to assure efficient office operation including typing and making copies.
- Assures the safety of the files by using a check out system with approval of sensitive or confidential information.
- Makes copies as needed of documents requested after approval by proper personnel.
- Performs other related duties or assignments as required
- Associate Degree in Secretarial Science or Technology with emphasis in records management, or three years’ experience in records management or general secretarial duties.
- Minimal of High School Education
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Priority for Selection of applicants for employment within the Chippewa Cree Tribe is as follows:
- Qualified, honorably discharged (must show proof by submitting a DD 214 Certificate) veterans who are enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Other qualified Indians;
- Qualified Non-Indians.
- TESTING: Subject to drug testing per Drug Ordinance 1-99.
- Applications properly completed and received on or before the close of the business on June 12, 2020 will be considered for the position advertised.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- RESUME (with dates of employment)
- THREE REFERENCES (with telephone number & contact address)
- COPY OF DEGREE AND/OR Trainings ASSOCIATED WITH JOB
- LETTER OF INTEREST
- CIB (If Applicable)
- DD 214 (If Applicable)
- TO: Josh Seaton, Human Resources/Personnel Officer, Chippewa Cree Tribe, 31 Agency Square, Box Elder, MT 59521, telephone 406.395.4478/5705.
/s/ Josh Seaton