REVISED VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: Travel Clerk
LOCATION: Central Services
SALARY: Not to exceed Budget Cap.
OPENS: May 29, 2020
CLOSES: June 12, 2020
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Sixty (60) Calendar days from initial appointment
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Regular Full-Time, Covered, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Under the supervision of Accounting Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY: Travel Clerk assists with routine travel arrangements. Duties may include checking hotel and flight availability, confirming reservations, or making itinerary changes as necessary. Being a Travel Clerk communicates travel plans to employees and answers questions about travel policies and process.
- Schedule travel accommodations for business council and tribal employees.
- Verify travel orders to ensure costs, availability and convenience of different types of carriers to select most economical route and carrier.
- Verify travel arrangements with supervisors and tribal council
- Maintain a working knowledge of financial guidelines and Chippewa Cree policy and procedures.
- Go through GSA to verify per diem and personal vehicle rates
- Needs to be familiar with MIP Fund Account Software
- Accounts payable ledger go through GSA guidelines
- To reconcile cash receipts daily: total the amount of the cash and checks received.
- Process Reimbursements- The Chippewa Cree Tribal employees will often need to be reimbursed for the cost of a hotel room, taxi ride, meal or other travel expense, and it’s up to the Travel Clerk to make sure that such reimbursements are properly recorded, documented and issued.
- Be able to work with Lelok Travel Agency, make sure that the travel agency understands what requirements must be met and review all of the agency’s bookings for accuracy, cost-effectiveness and policy adherence.
- Provide Information- Before each traveler can get to where they’re going, they first need to know when and how to get there. The travel Clerk is responsible for communicating such information to travelers.
- All other duties assigned
- Education: High school diploma or GED and some technical training/college are required.
- Experience: Three (3) years of customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Work well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products to specifically include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Priority for Selection of applicants for employment within the Chippewa Cree Tribe is as follows:
- Qualified, honorably discharged (must show proof by submitting a DD 214 Certificate) veterans who are enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe;
- Other qualified Indians;
- Qualified Non-Indians.
- TESTING: Subject to drug testing per Drug Ordinance 1-99.
- Applications properly completed and received on or before the close of the business on June 12, 2020 will be considered for the position advertised.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- RESUME (with dates of employment)
- THREE REFERENCES (with telephone number & contact address)
- COPY OF DEGREE AND/OR Trainings ASSOCIATED WITH JOB
- LETTER OF INTEREST
- CIB (If Applicable)
- DD 214 (If Applicable)
- TO: Josh Seaton, Human Resources/Personnel Officer, Chippewa Cree Tribe, 31 Agency Square, Box Elder, MT 59521, telephone 406.395.4478/5705.
/s/ Josh Seaton